Simple Vanilla Frosting
Photography: Johnny Miller
Martha Stewart Living, July 2011
- 4 1/2 sticks room-temperature unsalted butter
- 6 3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Beat butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar with a mixer on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to medium-low; gradually add an additional 5 1/4 cups sugar. Raise speed to medium-high. Add milk and vanilla. Continue to beat until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Store at room temperature until ready to use (up to 2 days).
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.