Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone and Honey
Elevate the simple summer peach with light grill marks and just a drizzling of olive oil, honey, and mascarpone cheese in this dessert from chef Emeril Lagasse.
- 6 large ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Coarse salt
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- Preheat a grill: If using a charcoal grill, make a fire in your grill. When the charcoals are completely covered in gray ash, hold your hand about 5 inches above the grill grid; count how many seconds you can comfortably leave it there. When you can hold it there for 2 to 3 seconds, you have medium-high heat and are ready to grill. If you are using a gas grill, heat the grill for 15 minutes with the lid closed. Before beginning to cook, reduce the temperature by turning the knobs to medium-high.
- Drizzle peaches with olive oil and season with salt. Place peaches, cut side down, on the grill and cook until lightly charred, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove peaches from grill and divide among six dessert plates. Divide mascarpone evenly among plates and drizzle with honey. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.