Use this recipe from "Martha Stewart's Cooking School" to prepare fluffy rice pilaf.
The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2009
- 1 1/2 cups Basic Chicken Stock (http://www.marthastewart.com/255226/basic-chicken-stock)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 small dried bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Bring stock to a simmer in a small saucepan.
- Melt butter in a 2-quart ovenproof saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, bay leaf, and salt and cook until onion is soft and translucent, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add rice and stir well to coat each grain with butter mixture. Cook until rice is fragrant and starting to turn translucent, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Add stock and return to a simmer. Transfer to oven, cover, and bake for 16 minutes. Remove from oven. Cover and let steam for 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.