Peanut-Butter Chocolate Parfaits
To make beautiful layered parfaits, use a small ice-cream scoop with a spring-loaded handle. This way, you can drop whipped cream and pudding straight into glasses, leaving the sides clean.
Everyday Food, April 2006
- Prep Time 45 minutes
- Total Time 4 hours
- Yield Serves 6
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 recipe cooled Vanilla or Chocolate Pudding (http://www.marthastewart.com/263591/vanilla-or-chocolate-pudding)
- 6 peanut-butter sandwich cookies
- In a medium bowl, whip 1 cup cream along with sugar until soft peaks form. Reserve.
- Place peanut butter and remaining 1/2 cup (unwhipped) cream in another medium bowl; whisk until smooth. Add reserved whipped cream; gently fold in with a rubber spatula until combined.
- Creating alternating layers, spoon Chocolate Pudding and whipped cream mixture into 6 serving glasses or dishes. Cover; chill at least 1 hour and up to 2 days. Crumble cookies over parfaits before serving.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.