Minted English Pea Soup with Lobster and Orange
This recipe for minted English pea soup with lobster and orange is courtesy of Patrick O'Connell from the Inn at Little Washington.
The Martha Stewart Show, March Spring 2008
- 1/2 cup shelled fresh peas
- 2 oranges
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 large lobster tail, cooked, removed from shell, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon mint flowers (optional)
- Minted English Pea Soup (http://www.marthastewart.com/255682/minted-english-pea-soup)
- Prepare an ice-water bath. Bring a medium saucepan filled with water to a boil over high heat. Add peas and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain, and immediately transfer to ice-water bath. Drain and set aside.
- Slice the top and bottom of both oranges with a paring knife. Set one of the flat sides on your work surface. From top to bottom, following the curve of the fruit, cut away peel and white pith. Trim off any remaining pith. Holding the oranges over a bowl, cut along both sides of each segment, staying close to the membrane, to release. Add onion and chives to bowl; toss to combine.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add lobster and cook until just warmed through. Add peas and orange mixture and stir to combine. Continue cooking until mixture is just warm.
- Divide lobster mixture evenly between four warmed soup bowls. Ladle soup around lobster. Sprinkle with mint flowers, if using, and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.