- 3/4 pound cooked chicken
- 1/4 pound cooked beef
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 pound ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces mortadella, peeled and broken up
- 1 slice white sandwich bread
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- In a food processor, combine the chicken, beef, eggs, Parmesan, ricotta, mortadella, bread, milk, parsley, and garlic. Pulse until the mixture is the consistency of ground meat. Be sure not to overprocess. Season with salt and pepper.
- Form approximately 1 tablespoon of the meat mixture into a ball. Repeat with the remaining meat. Flatten the balls a bit on top and dip them in the breadcrumbs until completely coated. Place the coated meatballs on a baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep fryer or deep pot until hot. Fry the meatballs until golden brown. Remove from oil, and transfer to a paper towel-lined baking sheet. Serve warm.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.