Peanut-Butter-and-Jam Heart Cookies
Enjoy the classic combination of peanut butter and jelly in a new way: The lunch-box pair gets made over into adorable cookies.
Martha Stewart Living, February 2011
- Prep Time 45 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Yield Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam, stirred to loosen
- Whisk together flour, baking
powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Beat
butter and sugars with a mixer
on medium speed until pale and
fluffy. Beat in peanut butter,
then egg. Reduce speed to low,
and beat in flour mixture until
dough forms. If dough is sticky,
refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll
dough into 1 1/2-inch balls (about
2 tablespoons each). Arrange on
parchment-lined baking sheets,
spacing 1 1/2 inches apart. Press
into 1 3/4-inch rounds. Press hearts
into centers using your fingertips.
Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Remove
from oven, and reshape hearts
using your fingertips or the
handle of a wooden spoon. Fill
indentation of each with a
generous 1/2 teaspoon jam to form
a heart. Bake until cookies
are firm, 6 to 7 minutes more.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.