Almond Lace Cookies
These cookies can be left flat or rolled into cones or cylinders. They can also be dipped in chocolate.
Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1994/1995
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur
- 3/4 cup whole unblanched almonds, ground medium-fine
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, cream, and orange liqueur. When butter has melted, stir in remaining ingredients with a wooden spoon. Cook until gently bubbling, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat, and keep warm.
- Place 5 half teaspoons of batter 1 1/2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet (this is as many as you can mold while hot). Bake until lightly browned and crisp, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let sit for 1 to 2 minutes. Working quickly, lay each cookie over a cone-shaped object (we used a water-cooler cup), pressing edges together. Alternatively, roll cookies around the handle of a wooden spoon, pressing the edges together to form a cylinder. Continue baking and forming cookies until batter is used up. Place cookies on a wire rack to cool.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.