- 9 ounces (1 1/2 pints) blackberries
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 32 ounces low-fat or nonfat vanilla yogurt
- Place 7 1/2 ounces blackberries in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth, then pass through a fine sieve into a glass measuring cup. (You should have 1/2 cup puree.) Stir in 2 tablespoons lemon juice; set aside.
- In the jar of a blender, blend yogurt with remaining tablespoon lemon juice until smooth.
- Layer each 1/3-cup pop mold with yogurt and puree, adding the rest of the berries along the way. Swirl mixtures together with a knife.
- Let freeze 25 minutes. Insert wooden pop sticks halfway, and freeze overnight.
If you are using individual molds to freeze your pops, place them on a tray to transfer them quickly in and out of the freezer. Loose molds may be inserted into a loaf pan full of beans or rice to hold them still and steady while they are filled and frozen. If pops soften too much during unmolding, refreeze them to harden them up before serving.