Turkey Banh Mi
With its refreshing flavors, this sandwich -- a take on the Vietnamese banh mi -- is perfect the day after Thanksgiving. It combines turkey with spicy mayonnaise, fresh, crisp vegetables, and fragrant cilantro. Precise measurements aren't necessary; fill as you like.
Martha Stewart Living, November 2009
- Chilled cooked turkey
- Asian chile sauce (such as our favorite, Huy Fong Sriracha; <a href="http://importfood.com" target="_blank">importfood.com</a>)
- Thinly sliced peeled cucumber
- Grated carrot
- Generous handful of fresh cilantro
- Whole-wheat baguette
- Jalapeno chiles, if desired
- Chop chilled cooked turkey, and mix with mayonnaise spiked with Asian chile sauce (such as our favorite, Huy Fong Sriracha; importfood.com).
- Layer turkey with thinly sliced peeled cucumber, grated carrot, and a generous handful of fresh cilantro inside a whole-wheat baguette. Add more heat with sliced jalapeno chiles if desired.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.