Nobu's Hand Rolls
Martha Stewart Living, May 2003
- Toasted hand roll nori sheets
- Vinegared Sushi Rice (http://www.marthastewart.com/263175/vinegared-sushi-rice)
- Wasabi, freshly grated, frozen, or powdered mixed with water
- Vegetables, such as scallion, asparagus, avocado, and cucumbers, cut in 3-inch strips
- Assorted fish, such as yellow tail, tuna, salmon, smoked salmon, and shrimp, cut into 3-inch strips
- Crab, picked
- Salmon roe
- Cooked sausage, cut into 3-inch strips
- American cheese, thinly sliced and cut into 3-inch strips
- Boiled ham, cut into 3-inch strips
- Soy sauce, for serving
- Pickled ginger, for serving
- Place a sheet of nori, shiny side down, in the palm of your hand. Add about 1/4 cup rice along a short side of the nori. Flatten rice with your fingertips, to cover about 1 inch of the nori. Spread with desired amount of wasabi. Top with choice of vegetables and fish. Roll into a cone shape to enclose. Serve immediately with soy sauce and pickled ginger on the side.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.