Martha Stewart Living, September 2007
Yield Makes one 9-inch tian
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, white and pale-green parts only, quartered lengthwise, rinsed well, and cut into 1/4-inch slices (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 zucchini, unpeeled, very thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 yellow squash, unpeeled, very thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 plum tomatoes, very thinly sliced (3 cups)
- 1 small Italian eggplant, unpeeled, very thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add leek and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Spread in a 9-inch gratin or round baking dish.
- Arrange vegetables on leek in slightly overlapping circles, alternating zucchini, squash, tomatoes, and eggplant.
- Top with wine, 1 tablespoon oil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Bake 30 minutes. Drizzle with remaining oil. Bake until vegetables are tender, 30 minutes more. Serve with Parmesan.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.