Martha likes to let the market guide her choices about which fruits to include. Choose a wide variety of textures, colors, and flavors for your salad. Try other combinations later in the year.
Martha Stewart Living Television
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3-inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 2 kiwis, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 plums, cut into wedges
- 1 cup pineapple, 1/2-inch diced
- 2 nectarines, cut into wedges
- 1 cup sweetened coconut, plus more for garnishing
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons amaretto
- Make ginger syrup: In a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat, combine sugar, ginger, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, and lower heat to medium. Cook for 20 minutes; set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together kiwis, orange, blackberries, plums, pineapple, nectarines, and coconut. Drizzle about 1 cup ginger syrup over the fruit mixture. Using a rubber spatula, gently stir the fruit.
- Place heavy cream and confectioners' sugar in a large bowl. Using a wire whisk, whip cream to form soft peaks. Fold in amaretto.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons whipped cream into each of six glasses, then some fruit; continue until the glasses are topped with 1/4 cup cream. Sprinkle with coconut, and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.