Grilled Chicken Paillard
To prepare the chicken, place the boneless breasts in a resealable plastic bag one at a time, and pound them using the smooth side of a meat tenderizer. Once all the breasts have been pounded, place them back in the bag to marinate the chicken.
Photography: BEATRIZ DA COSTA
Martha Stewart Living, July/August 2000
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Make the marinade: In a small bowl, combine garlic, zest, juice, chili powder, and red-pepper flakes.
- Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag, and add the marinade. Seal the bag, and toss to coat the chicken. Transfer bag to refrigerator, and chill 10 to 15 minutes, or up to 24 hours.
- Heat grill; when very hot, remove chicken from bag, and carefully place on hot grill. Cook about 5 minutes; discard bag and excess marinade. Turn chicken over, and continue cooking 4 to 5 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.