Big Bob Gibson's Bar-B-Q Baked Beans
No barbecue is complete without the classic side dish of baked beans. Although they are almost synonymous with Southern barbecue, baked beans actually originated in New England as a traditional Sunday dish prepared with molasses and spices. Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q, an Alabama restaurant, has been serving this classic comfort food since 1925.
Martha Stewart Living Television
- Three 28-ounce cans baked beans, preferably Bush's
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded, deveined, and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Big Bob Gibson Championship Red Sauce
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Combine ingredients in a large, shallow baking dish or a bean pot. Stir to combine. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes. Stir, and cook for an additional 30 minutes. Serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.