Eric's Court Bouillon
Use to make chef Eric Ripert's Poached Halibut in Warm Vinaigrette.
Martha Stewart Living, May 1999
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1/2 small leek, cleaned
- 1 three-inch piece of carrot, peeled
- 1 three-inch piece of celery
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole white peppercorns
- 7 cups water
- In a large saucepan over high heat, combine vinegar, thyme, leek, carrot, celery, garlic, bay leaves, salt, and peppercorns with 7 cups water, and bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve. Store, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.