Roast Spatchcocked Turkey
For step-by-step instructions on carving a spatchcocked turkey, see our how-to.
Martha Stewart Living, November 2009
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 whole fresh turkey (about 12 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Stir together oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Rinse inside and outside of turkey;
pat dry with paper towels. Spatchcock
turkey (see our how-to). Transfer
to a rimmed baking sheet, breast
side up. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Brush or rub turkey all over with oil
mixture. Roast, rotating sheet halfway
through and basting twice, until an
instant-read thermometer inserted
into the thickest part of the thigh
reaches 165 degrees, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
Let stand for 20 minutes before
carving (see our how-to).
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.