Photo: Petrina Tinslay
This pizza stars three cheeses melted on a crisp crust. Top with peppery arugula for a better-than-delivery dinner.
Everyday Food, June 2011
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Yield Serves 4
- All-purpose flour, for dusting and rolling
- 1 pound pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella (6 ounces)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan or Pecorino Romano (1 ounce)
- 2 ounces baby arugula (2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Lightly dust a work surface, rolling pin, and a baking sheet with flour. Roll dough out to a 13-inch round and transfer to sheet.
- In a small bowl, stir together ricotta, 1 tablespoon oil, and garlic; season with salt and pepper. Spread ricotta mixture on dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Top with mozzarella, then Parmesan. Brush 1 teaspoon oil on edge of dough. Bake until crust is golden and cheese is melted and browned in spots, 12 to 14 minutes. In a small bowl, toss arugula with 1 teaspoon oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Top pizza with arugula and serve.
Serve slices of this white pizza with an extra sprinkle of Parmesan, if you like.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.