Warm Potato and Watercress Salad
Warm potatoes and cool greens are a perfect combination for a late-summer meal.
Martha Stewart Living, September 1995
- 12 small red potatoes (about 1 pound 6 ounces), scrubbed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- 1 bunch watercress (about 6 ounces), tough stems removed
- Zest of half a lemon
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Arrange potatoes in a roasting pan and add 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; roll
potatoes to coat. Roast until potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand just until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Break each warm potato in half and place in a serving bowl. Add the vinaigrette and toss to coat. Add watercress and lemon zest, toss, and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.