Mango and Papaya Salad
Martha Stewart Living, April 2006
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon orange-flower water
- 2 large ripe mangoes (about 10 ounces each), peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 3 cups)
- 1 ripe papaya (about 2 pounds), peeled, halved, seeded, and cut into 1-inch chunks (about 3 1/2 cups)
- Cook sugar and 1 cup water, stirring, in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 3/4 cup, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove syrup from heat; stir in lime juice and orange-flower water. Let cool slightly.
- Place fruit in a large bowl. Add syrup; toss gently to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour (or up to 4 hours).
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.