Warm Goat Cheese Salad
Even simple mesclun greens deserve special attention: These get an easy Dijon-mustard vinaigrette and toasted baguette slices topped with melted goat cheese.
Martha Stewart Living, May
- 2 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces (about 6 cups) mesclun greens, washed and spun dry
- 1 baguette, cut into 12 slices, each about 1/4 inch thick
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese, cut into 12 slices, each about 1/4 inch thick
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar with mustard. Slowly add oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Place greens in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat broiler. Arrange baguette slices on a baking sheet; top each with a goat cheese round. Toast until bread is golden brown and cheese has started to melt, 2 to 3 minutes. Drizzle greens with vinaigrette; toss to combine. Divide among four plates. Place three toasts on each salad. Serve immediately.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.