- Vegetable oil, for grill
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, firm white-fleshed fish fillets, such as striped bass or cod (about 1 inch thick)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed or lightly toasted
- <u>Corn and Tomato Relish</u>, for serving
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, garlic, and lime juice. Add fish and turn once to coat; let sit 5 minutes.
- Remove fish from marinade, letting excess drip off. Season with salt and pepper and grill until flesh is opaque throughout, 12 minutes, flipping once. With a fork, break fish into large pieces and serve with tortillas and corn relish.
In a heavy skillet, toast tortillas over medium until browned in spots. Or, wrap a stack of them in parchment-lined foil and warm in a 400-degree oven for 5 minutes.