- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons water
- Pinch of coarse salt
- 1 pound fresh apricots (5 to 6), pitted and cut into eighths
- 2 containers (17 ounces each) fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- Toasted sliced almonds, for serving (optional)
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/4 cup honey, water, and salt to a simmer over medium; stir until honey dissolves, 1 minute. Add apricots. Raise heat to medium-high and simmer, stirring often, until fruit is soft and liquid is syrupy, 10 to 12 minutes (adjust heat if necessary to keep at a constant simmer). Divide compote among seven small glass jars or airtight containers. Refrigerate, uncovered, until cool, 10 minutes. Stir 1 tablespoon honey into each of the containers of yogurt; divide yogurt among jars. Serve with toasted sliced almonds if desired.
To store, refrigerate in jars, up to 1 week.
For a different fruit compote, substitute 1 pound strawberries, hulled and halved, for the apricots.