- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- Place butter and bittersweet and unsweetened chocolates in a heatproof bowl. Set bowl over a pan of simmering water, and stir until smooth.
- With a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat eggs and sugar on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and chocolate-butter mixture. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture, and beat until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Let dough stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drop teaspoons of dough onto parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing 1 inch apart. Bake until just set (interior will be fudgy), about 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks.
Cookies can be stored in airtight containers for up to 3 days.