This is an excellent accompaniment to roasted pork, duck, or turkey.
Martha Stewart Living, November 1996
- 3 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 firm pears, peeled and cored, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup dried pitted dates, coarsely chopped (about 5)
- Combine cranberries and sugar in saucepan; cook over medium-low heat until berries release juices, about 8 minutes.
- Place pears in a medium bowl, and toss with lemon zest and juice.
- Add orange juice, raisins, and dates to cranberries. Raise heat to medium-high. Stir occasionally, adding pears when mixture begins to bubble. Cook, stirring, until mixture thickens and pears turn red and are cooked through, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Let cool; refrigerate up to 24 hours.
Refrigerate up to 24 hours.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.