Cream Cheesecake Cookie Crust
Yield Makes two 10-inch shells
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Add yolks, one at a time; beat well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Add flour and salt; beat until mixture just comes together.
- Divide mixture in half. Use immediately, or chill until ready to use. Wrap each half in plastic, and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Can be stored in freezer for up to 1 month.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.