Bourbon Pecan Chews
Martha Stewart Living, December 2005
- Yield Makes about 5 1/2 dozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 4 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Whisk together flour, allspice, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Melt molasses and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat; let cool slightly. Stir in bourbon. Transfer to a medium bowl; whisk in sugar until smooth. Stir in flour mixture and 1 cup pecans. Refrigerate dough until firm, at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scoop balls of dough using a 11/4-inch (1 ounce) ice cream scoop; roll in remaining 3 cups pecans. Space 1 1/2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Bake until flattened and lightly colored on edges, 9 to 11 minutes. Let cool on sheets 3 minutes. Transfer to wire racks; let cool completely.
Store in airtight containers at room temperature up to 1 week.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.