- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 ears shucked fresh corn
- Make chive butter: In a food processor, blend butter, chives, and pepper until smooth. (Or mix in a bowl with a flexible spatula.)
- Line a 6-ounce ramekin or custard cup with plastic wrap; fill with butter mixture, smoothing top. Cover with plastic; refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours (or freeze 30 minutes).
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook corn until kernels are tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain; serve with chive butter.
The chive butter can be kept in the refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap, for up to a week before serving.