Spiced Hot Dark Chocolate
According to Ayurvedic medicine, warming spices such as cinnamon and cardamom can help boost energy. And by swapping soy milk for regular, you ensure that dark chocolate's antioxidants will be more fully absorbed.
Per serving: 327 calories; 14 g protein; 17 g fat; 38 g carbs; 6 g fiber.
Read more about
the health benefits of dark chocolate.
Photography: Yunhee Kim
Body+Soul, February 2006
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 quart soy milk
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients and whisk over medium-low heat until the chocolate has melted completely and the mixture is steaming hot, about 5 minutes. Serve.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.