This delicious recipe for streusel can be used as a topping for Martha's cherry-streusel coffee cake. It was first published in "Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook."
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, February Winter 2007
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown or confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt; cut in butter using a pastry blender, until large, moist clumps form.
Streusel can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.