Valentine Sandwich Cookie Pops
These are a variation of our Valentine Heart Pops.
Martha Stewart Living, February 1997
- Yield Makes 20 sandwich pops
- Sugar Cookies from <u>Valentine Heart Pops</u>
- <u>Royal Icing</u>, tinted pink with paste or gel food coloring
- Cookie Sandwich Filling
- 20 six-inch-long white lollipop sticks
- Follow sugar cookie recipe, but in Step 4, make rounds 1 3/4 inches instead of 2 1/2 inches, and don't cut out smaller hearts.
- Turn over half the batch of baked cookies so bottoms are facing up. Spoon 1 scant teaspoon sandwich filling onto centers. Center lollipop stick in each. Cover with matching cookie rounds. Let dry. If desired, use royal icing to adhere small hearts reserved from Valentine Heart Pops onto pops. Let dry. Pipe royal icing through a pastry bag fitted with a 1/16-inch tip in decorative dots around cookies. When dry, store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.