Radicchio and Orange Salad
Everyday Food, June 2005
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
- Yield Serves 8
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 medium heads radicchio (about 1 1/4 pounds total)
- Zest and juice of 1 orange (about 1 tablespoon zest and 1/4 cup juice)
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread slivered almonds on a baking sheet. Toast in oven, tossing occasionally, until golden, 8 to 10 minutes; let cool.
- Core radicchio heads; cut or tear into 1-inch pieces. Combine in a large bowl with the finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange, golden raisins, olive oil, red-wine vinegar, sugar, and toasted almonds.
- Season with coarse salt and ground pepper; toss to combine. Serve immediately, or refrigerate, covered, up to 1 day.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.