- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup ice water
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Lightly beat yolks and water in a small bowl until combined.
- Pulse flour, sugar, and a pinch of salt in a food processor until combined. Add butter, and process until mixture resembles coarse meal, about 20 seconds. With the machine running, add yolk mixture in a slow, steady stream. Process until mixture just begins to hold together (no longer than 30 seconds).
- Shape dough into 2 disks, and wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate until firm, 30 minutes to overnight.
Freeze for up to 1 month; thaw in refrigerator before using.