- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons hot red-pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 48 medium shrimp, peeled
- Flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Divide oil, garlic, red-pepper flakes, and salt evenly among 4 earthenware or ceramic flame-proof crocks.
- One at a time or all at once, heat crocks over high heat until oil sizzles, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Add 12 shrimp to each crock, and cook just until pink, about 2 minutes. Immediately remove crocks from heat, sprinkle shrimp with parsley, and serve them still sizzling.
If you don't have a flame-proof crock, cook shrimp all at once in a heavy cast-iron skillet.