This recipe comes from Allen Katz, host of "The Cocktail Hour" on Martha Stewart Living Radio.
- 1/2 ounce absinthe (or absinthe substitute)
- 1 sugar cube
- 2 dashes Peychaud's bitters
- 2 ounces rye whiskey
- Coat a well-chilled old-fashioned glass with absinthe. Discard most of the remaining liquid, leaving just a little in the bottom of the glass.
- Add the sugar cube and soak with bitters.
- Muddle sugar so that it dissolves in the glass. Add whiskey, stir, and garnish with a lemon peel.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.