Marinated Cauliflower Salad
A quick partial cooking of cauliflower brings out its sweetness but preserves its crunch. Marinating the salad in the refrigerator unites the flavors.
Martha Stewart Living, November 2009
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into small florets
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons brine-packed capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Working in batches, blanch cauliflower until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain; transfer to a bowl.
- Whisk together vinegar, onion, and mustard in a small bowl. Pour in oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle vinaigrette over warm cauliflower, and add capers and parsley. Stir to combine.
- Cover, and refrigerate overnight or up to 1 day. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Refrigerate up to 1 day.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.