Lightly steaming the ramps before sauteing will lessen their strong flavor.
Martha Stewart Living, April 1996
- 24 ramps, roots and greens trimmed, washed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- On a steamer rack set over an inch of water in a saucepan, steam ramps, covered, until tender, 2 to 5 minutes. Transfer ramps to a work surface, and cut the leaves off, leaving a 4- to 5-inch stem.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ramps, and cook, shaking pan, until ramps are warm and translucent, 4 to 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper; serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.