Roasted Carrots, Parsnips, and Shallots
This dish can be made with only carrots or only parsnips (instead of both) by using three pounds of either.
Martha Stewart Living, September 2009
- 1 1/2 pounds medium carrots (about 8), scrubbed well (peeled if desired)
- 1 1/2 pounds parsnips (about 6), scrubbed well (peeled if desired)
- 8 shallots, halved if large
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive Relish (http://www.marthastewart.com/282225/olive-relish), for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Toss carrots, parsnips, and shallots with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Spread mixture onto 2 baking sheets, and roast, turning sheets twice and rotating once, until vegetables are golden brown and tender, about 35 minutes (remove shallots if cooked first). Serve with olive relish.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.