Cote de Boeuf
This recipe is brought to us by Lee Hanson and Riad Nasr, chefs at New York City's Balthazar and Pastis restaurants.
The Martha Stewart Show
- 1 beef rib steak (about 2 pounds), tied, at room temperature
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Bordelaise Sauce (http://www.marthastewart.com/258559/bordelaise-sauce)
- Onion Rings (http://www.marthastewart.com/258171/onion-rings)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place a large cast-iron skillet in oven to heat. Season beef generously with salt and pepper.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, and place over medium-high heat. Add the beef and sear until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to oven, and cook for 15 minutes. Turn, and cook 10 to 15 minutes more for medium-rare; an instant-read thermometer should read 130 degrees.
- Remove from oven, and let stand for 10 minutes. Carve, and serve drizzled with sauce. Serve with onion rings on the side.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.