Bacon and Egg Pasta
This recipe is also delicious served the next day fried until golden in a bit of olive oil.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2002
- 3 cloves garlic, lightly crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine, or water
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, or to taste
- 1 pound linguine (or any other variety pasta)
- Crushed hot red-pepper flakes, for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt and pasta, and cook until pasta is al dente, following manufacturer's instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in medium skillet. Add garlic, and cook until it begins to sizzle. Remove garlic from the oil, and discard. Add bacon, and cook until crisp, about 4 minutes. Drain off most of the fat. Add wine or water, and cook until slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In large pasta bowl, combine eggs, cheese, parsley, and black pepper.
- Drain cooked pasta, and immediately add to egg mixture. Toss until well coated. Add bacon, and toss to combine. Serve immediately, sprinkled with red-pepper flakes and additional Parmesan.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.