- 5 ancho chiles, stemmed and seeded
- 4 jalapenos, stemmed, seeded, and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons dark-brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsulfured molasses
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium-high, cover ancho chiles with water and simmer until chiles are soft, 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and transfer to a blender with jalapenos, garlic, sugar, molasses, ketchup, vinegar, and orange juice. Blend until mixture is smooth and season to taste with salt and pepper.
To store, refrigerate in an airtight container, up to 5 days.