- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 small yellow onion, finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons minced chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Ground pepper
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, onion, garlic, chiles, cilantro, and salt. Season with pepper and, using your hands, mix until well combined.
- Divide mixture into 6 equal portions. Between palms of hands, form each portion into a 4-by-1-inch oval patty. Insert an 8-inch skewer lengthwise into each patty. Grill, turning occasionally, until meat is browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
Soak wooden skewers in hot water for 15 minutes before grilling, or use metal ones. No grill? Broil on second highest rack using metal skewers. Cooking times are the same.