- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger (from a 1-inch piece)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 3/4 pound), cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 5 scallions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound snap peas, trimmed
- Heat a grill to medium. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. In a small bowl, stir together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ginger, and rice vinegar.
- Alternately thread pork tenderloin, scallions, and snap peas onto four 8-inch skewers. Grill, turning occasionally, until pork is cooked through and vegetables are charred, about 9 minutes. Brush kebabs with hoisin mixture and cook 1 minute more, turning once, until mixture begins to bubble.
No grill? Broil on second highest rack using metal skewers. Cooking times are the same. This recipe can be made meatless by replacing the pork with 1 large eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces.