Shrimp and Edamame with Lime
Photography: Petrina Tinslay
Everyday Food, June 2011
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, such as jasmine or basmati
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame, thawed (from a 10-ounce package)
- 5 scallions, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces, white and green parts separated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus wedges for serving (optional)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Cook rice according to package instructions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Add shrimp and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes. Add edamame and scallion whites and cook until shrimp are opaque and garlic is golden, about 3 minutes. Add scallion greens and lime juice and cook 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper; serve with rice and lime wedges, if desired.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.