- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (not natural)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce, such as Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted salted peanuts
- 1 pound flank steak, cut against the grain into 1/2-inch slices (halved crosswise if long)
- 1 large zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch half-moons
- 1 large bell pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 lime, quartered
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- Heat a grill to medium-high. Clean and lightly oil hot grill. Place a small flameproof pot on grill; add peanut butter, coconut milk, chili sauce, and fish sauce and whisk until smooth and heated through. Transfer sauce to a serving bowl and top with peanuts.
- Alternately thread steak, zucchini, bell pepper, and lime onto four 8-inch skewers, beginning and ending with steak. Season with salt and pepper and grill, turning occasionally, until steak is browned and cooked medium and peppers are crisp-tender, 7 to 9 minutes. Serve with peanut sauce.
No grill? Broil on second highest rack using metal skewers. Cooking times are the same. This recipe can be made meatless by replacing the steak with one large eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces.