This side is good with sauteed shrimp, seared scallops, or pasta salad.
Photography: Petrina Tinslay
Everyday Food, June 2011
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 ears of corn, shucked and cut in half crosswise
- 4 slices bacon
- Heat broiler. In a small bowl, combine cayenne pepper and salt. Sprinkle corn with half cayenne-salt mixture and wrap each piece with 1/2 slice bacon, securing ends with a toothpick.
- Broil corn on a rimmed baking sheet, turning frequently, until bacon is crisp and corn is tender, 9 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cayenne-salt mixture.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.