Feta-Stuffed BLT Burgers
Everyday Food, June 2011
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 30 minutes
- Yield Makes 4
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled (1 cup)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
- 4 leaves Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 large tomato, sliced crosswise
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium-high until fat is rendered and bacon is browned, about 5 minutes, flipping halfway through. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Form beef into 8 thin 5-inch patties. Top 4 patties with 1/4 cup cheese each, leaving a 1/4-inch border, then top with remaining patties. Pinch edges to seal; season burgers with salt and pepper.
- Pour off fat from skillet, wipe clean, and heat over medium. Add 2 burgers and cook until dark brown and firm to the touch, about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through. Repeat with remaining burgers. Serve burgers on buns with bacon, lettuce, and tomato.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.