Use this recipe for our Cranberry, Almond, and Cinnamon Tart. A food processor yields the flakiest crust, but you can also make this recipe with a pastry blender; work quickly to keep the butter cold.
Martha Stewart Living, November 2007
Yield Makes enough for 1 tart
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- Pulse flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor until combined. Add butter, and process until mixture resembles coarse meal, about 10 seconds.
- Lightly beat yolk with ice water. With processor running, add yolk mixture in a slow, steady stream through the feed tube, and process until dough just holds together (no longer than 30 seconds).
- Turn out onto a work surface, and shape into a disk. Wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or up to 2 days).
Freeze for up to 1 month.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.