Shrimp and Avocado Skewers
Shrimp get a marinade of cayenne and lemon for a spicy-citrus touch. The succulent seafood pairs nicely with smooth avocado.
Martha Stewart Living, June 2011
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 55 minutes
- Serves 4
Yield Makes 8
- 8 large shrimp (about 1 pound), peeled and deveined, tails left intact (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ripe but firm Hass avocado, sliced into 8 wedges
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium-high. Toss shrimp with lemon juice and oil. Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
- Thread 1 shrimp and 1 avocado wedge onto each skewer. Grill, flipping, until shrimp are cooked through and grill marks appear, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.