Berries and Cream Cones
Bring together the shining stars of summer desserts in cones.
Photography: Sang An
Martha Stewart Living, June 2011
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 15 minutes
Yield Makes 8
- 8 sugar cones
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped and melted
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups mixed berries, such as raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries
- Dip about 1/4 inch of each ice cream cone into melted chocolate. Transfer each to a tall glass, chocolate side up. Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk cream and sugar with a mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a pastry bag fitted with a 3/4-inch open-star tip.
- Pipe cream into cones, filling to the rim. Top with half the berries. Pipe some of the remaining cream on top of berries in a circular motion to create a "soft serve" swirl. Top with remaining berries. Serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.